Wednesday 15 April 2015

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, April 2015

The promise of blooms to come...


and to come..


and arrived.

Magnolia x soulangean
Tulips always play a part in our spring garden, usually gown in pots.

Helmar


Passionale
In the oriental garden the two young Camellias are in full bloom, the pink one is lost label and the red one, a gift, is 'Ruby Wedding'. The Magnolia 'stellata'... 


...is the star of the show...


...the Chaenomeles japonica is a colourful contrast to the black bamboo.


The Pulsatilla vulgaris and Aubrieta 'Bressingham Red' are brightening up the Alpine Boxes...


...along with Phlox 'Red Admiral'.



A late daffodil in the White and Green garden.



Blossom of the Ribes sanguineum, some people do not like the scent...



...then you should smell this!

Fritillaria 'William Rex'

Could you 'Honest(l)y' have a more attractive flower at this time of year...

...than  Lunaria annua 'Rosemary Verey' with its lovely purple leaves.

A Brassen Hussey among the primroses.
Ranunculus 'Brassen Hussey'
A Christopher Lloyd discovery.

A Hoverfly enjoying the spring sunshine on the Brunnera macrophylla.


We recently visited the Cotswold & District Alpine show and I couldn't resist...

Trillium chloropetalum

Could you?   

To visit more Garden Bloggers Bloom Day click on the link Here

Click on any photo to create a 'Blooming' slide show.

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blooms, one and all Brian. Your Magnolia are stunning. I only grow M. stellata and it's quite a bit behind yours.
    Your Fritillaria reminded me that last weekend I took my wee niece to the GC with me and I told her that it smelt gorgeous - of course she soon found out that wasn't the case when she got here nose up close and personal :)
    Nice new Trillium btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie. The Fritillaria saving grace is that they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely wouldn't have been able to resist that Trillium either. I love the Chaenomeles next to the black bamboo - it makes such a striking contrast. Would it be terribly rude to decline to smell the Fritillaria?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Black Bamboo is looking good, the Head of catering, accounts and design of the oriental garden (See The Team) had just finished tinning out the stems and removing the leaves off the lower ends.

      Delete
  4. The late Daffodils are always my favorite. Deciduous Magnolias bloom early here and tend to steal the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still waiting for the daffodil poetics ( See Lent Lily) to flower, it is my favourite.

      Delete
  5. Nope, I can never resist a trillium. Or a magnolia come to that.
    A wonderful display Brian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see your resistance is low looking at your blog Jessica.

      Delete
  6. Oh there's much colour and beauty to admire in your April garden Brian. I'm most taken by that frilly trumpet on the daffodil. Such a pretty feature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trilliums and magnolias are two of the great joys of April. I !love all your blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloris, I agree, I would like some more Trilliums.

      Delete
  8. I have really enjoyed wandering round your garden Brian, you have some gorgeous plants, a magnolia and trillium are on my wish list, must do something about it this autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pauline, I enjoy sharing the garden with other bloggers, I am pleased you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  9. Your Magnolia stellata is perfectly lovely. While living in Kansas City, I rarely saw the flowers anything but a limp brown from late frosts; but yours are clearly what they should look like. ;-) The lunaria has such an appealing cottagey effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be ruined here by late frost, Amy. This is the first year I have grown this particular lunaria, it is very eye catching.

      Delete

To select a comment profile please click on 'Comment as'.You don't need a blog to comment select Name/URL and enter your name. All comments are welcome, they are however modulated for spam.